When you use the forums you are accepting our Forum Guidelines, which you can find below.
Welcome to the Spring 2019 Crowdfunding Program forums. The forums are a place to correspond with Prolific Works staff and other authors in the course about your campaign, assignments, updates, and more. There are different sections of the forums. Each of these serves a different purpose:
- General Discussion: This area is for general discussion about the course, Kickstarter, assignments, etc.
- Questions: This area of the forum is for questions. Posts here are marked as anonymous.
- Cross-Promotion: This area is for discussing cross-promotion in your genre. Here you can work with other authors to discuss how you might cross-promote.
Everyone participating in the Prolific Works Crowdfunding Program—including, but not limited to the Forums on the course website—must abide by the following Code of Conduct at all times, in all channels related to the course and all communications with all authors, moderators, support team members, and Prolific Works staff. The Crowdfunding course forums will be used to build a community of authors who are all running Kickstarter projects and self-publishing their work. Feel free to offer support or advice to your fellow authors and look for it in them as well.Prolific Works is dedicated to providing a welcoming experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neurotype, physical appearance, body, age, race, ethnicity, nationality, language, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment or abuse of participants in any form.If any individual in our program is violating our forum community guidelines, you should contact the forum moderator Katherine Bedell via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone who violates this Code of Conduct will be sanctioned or expelled from the forums and/or crowdfunding course at the discretion of the Prolific Works staff.
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neurotype, physical appearance, body, age, race, ethnicity, nationality, language, or religion
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate
- Threats of violence
- Deliberate intimidation
- Stalking or following
- Sustained disruption of discussion
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
- Publication of non-harassing private communication without consent by the involved parties
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, Prolific Works may take any action we deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all Prolific Works spaces and identification of the participant as a harasser to other Prolific Works community members or the general public.
Reporting and Enforcement
If you are being harassed by a member of the Prolific Works crowdfunding program, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact forum moderator Katherine Bedell via email at email@example.com. All reports will be handled in the strictest confidence and we will respond as promptly as we can.