How to Use the Prolific Works App for iOS
The Prolific Works App makes ebook delivery faster and simpler for anyone who uses our site. You can login to access all of the books you've ever claimed on the Prolific Works site, and then move them from the Prolific Works App to any ereader app or device. Follow the instructions below to use the app on your iOS phone or tablet device.
You can log in to your Prolific Works App with the same email and password that you use to access your Prolific Works Reader Library.
In this article:
- How to Log In to Your Prolific Works App
- How to Download a Book to Your Device
- How to Search Your Prolific Works Library
- How to Sort Your Prolific Works Library
- How to Archive Books
- How to Change Your Password
- How to Log Out of Your Prolific Works App
How to Log In to Your Prolific Works App
- Claim a book from Prolific Works. If you don’t already have a book you want to claim, you can find books by selecting "Sign Up" next to “Don't have an account?” on the app’s opening page.
- Once you claim a book, you will receive an email with a password. Input your email address where it says "Email" and input your password where it says “Password”.
This is the password box without a password.
This is the password box with a password.
- Check the box to agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Select “Login”.
- You will be brought to a page that displays all the books you’ve claimed. This is your Library, as indicated by the highlighted symbol at the bottom of your screen.
How to Download a Book to Your Device
- Select the book you want to read on your device by clicking anywhere within the white box that contains the cover, title, and author.
- You’ll be brought to a page that has the book’s cover, title, and author, and a button labeled “Read”.
- Select the “Read” button.
- A menu with two options (“Read in Kindle” or “Save and Open”) will appear.
- If you are using the Kindle app, select "Read in Kindle". Selecting "Read in Kindle" will automatically open a new menu at the bottom of the screen. Select the "Copy to Kindle" button from the set of options.
- Selecting "Copy to Kindle" will automatically launch the Kindle app. You should be taken to the first page of your selected book.
- Note: If your book doesn't appear in your Kindle library after a few minutes, you may need to enable Data Storage Access on your Kindle app. For additional instructions on how to enable Data Storage Access, click here.
- If you are not using the Kindle app, select “Save and Open”. A menu will appear with options for reading apps you can read in.
- Select which app you want to use.
- Your book should open in the app. If you are having difficulty viewing your book in the selected reading app, click here. If you’ve already downloaded and opened the book in the app before, it will take you to the page you last read.
- Note: If you want to read in an app such as Kindle, iBooks, Kobo, or NOOK Reading, that app must be already downloaded to your device.
How to Search Your Prolific Works Library
- Select the magnifying glass in the top left corner.
- Input the book’s title or author, or a keyword in the search bar that appears.This is the search bar without search text.
This is the search bar with search text.
- Tap the magnifying glass in the right corner next to the dialogue box to search. Results relating to your search should appear below “My Library”.
- If no books are found, double-check the spelling of the search text.
- If you are searching for an archived book, you'll be able to find it by searching in the Archived section.
- To leave the search section and return to “My Library”, select the back arrow next to the search bar.
How to Sort Your Prolific Works Library
- Select the down arrow next to “Sort by”. A drop-down menu will appear with the options “Title”, “Author”, and “Date claimed”.
- If you select “Title”, the books will be sorted alphabetically by title.
- If you select “Author”, the books will be sorted alphabetically by author’s last name.
- If you select “Date claimed”, the books will be sorted in the order that they were claimed, with the most recent first.
How to Archive a Book on the Prolific Works App
- Select a book from your Library that you would like to archive by clicking anywhere within the white box that contains the cover, title, and author.
- You’ll be brought to the page that has the book’s cover, title, and author. Notice the highlighted archive button at the top right corner with the '+' (add) symbol.
To archive your book, press the archive button. The icon will become unhighlighted and show an 'x' when you have archived a book.
Once you have archived a book, it will no longer appear in your library. If you would like to move a book back to your Library, you can press the archive button again, and the book will be put back into your Library.
To view your archived books, click on the archive tab at the bottom of your screen.
How to Change Your Password
1. Select the gear icon in the bottom right hand corner
2. From the menu, select Change Password".
3. You will be directed to this page.
4. Type in your current password.
a. NOTE: You can click on the "eye" iconbutton to view your password when typing it out.
If you want your password to show when typing, this is what the icon will look like.
If you do not want your password to show when typing, this is what the icon will look like.
5. Enter your new password on the next line. You must type in your new password again to confirm this change.
6. Once you are done, select the "Done" button on the right-side of the teal bar at the top of your screen.
7. This pop-up message will appear to confirm your password change.
How to Log Out of Your Prolific Works App
- Select the gear icon in the bottom right hand corner.
- From the menu, select "Logout".
- A menu will appear asking “Are you sure you want to log out?” Select “Log out”.